Monday 30 June 2014

Thinking Of Ideas

When thinking up my ideas for my music video, I considered having something emotive after looking at how effective past students had made their music videos. Regarding the fact I had just moved and was still without internet, thinking up ideas using YouTube wasn’t a choice for me unless I stayed after school during the week. During the week we had a lesson where our teacher talked to us about what effects we can add to our videos. My first initial ideas were to have dancers and go to London and film skateboarders and the skate park I shot my pictures for my magazine. I was encouraged to use more emotive songs if I was planning on making and emotive video.
Considering that I didn’t want to use a depressing song or make a depressing video. I reflected on songs I enjoyed listening in the past years. Regarding the fact that I would have to work on this video for many weeks; filming, editing and putting it all together, I would have to choose a song I wouldn’t get sick of so easily.
I wasn’t going to make a parody because…Im merely not creative enough to take time and think about a different idea for an already existing music video. I’ve considered using, time lapse, reversing footage, travel and journey. Using a green screen wouldn’t be an option I would choose to use, I found that I wouldn’t be able to be as creative as I would want with this video. I prefer to use more live footage that I can capture myself and use to make my full video. for me to use or maybe the thought of having to light the screen properly wasn’t appealing. Looking at past pictures I took for my magazine in a studio; the lighting wasn’t much to brag about, it was more or less…looking amateur.


No comments:

Post a Comment